D.I.Y Rorschach Ink blot ShirtSeptember 28, 2011
Pretty cool designs huh? These images are called Rorschach Ink blots used to detect underlying thought disorders; yes I know, the validity and reliability are low….very low but that does not deter from the beauty in the images. They would look great on a t-shirt or sweat shirt. Agree?
DIY Rorschach Ink Blot Shirt
Things you will need
- Marker refill ink; in whatever colors you desire. I suggest only 2 colors in particular 2 contrasting colors
- medicine dropper
- news paper
- blow dryer
- Shirt or sweatshirt from Goodwill
What to do:
1. You will not get perfectly symmetrical images because you medium is not paper, its fabric so sketch out an ink blot on paper that you would like to emulate on the fabric.
2. Once you have decided on your design fully line the shirt or sweatshirt with newspaper, you do NOT want the ink to bleed through. Also, be in an outside area…this could get messy.
3. Use the medicine dropper to drop the ink onto the fabric, hold about 2 feet above. Make it as symmetrical as possible using your design as a guide.
4. For each application of ink use the blow dryer to heat-set the stains.
5. When your done let dry. Voila a shirt Dr. Hermann Rorschach would be proud to wear!
idea inspired by www. thedandyproject.com