So did you get a little crazy with the Valentine’s Day candy? Or better yet, are you going to get a little crazy today when the candy is 75% off?!
When in the choc-a-holic mindset one does not think ” After I gorge myself on all of the candy I can possibly eat…. where will I store the remainders?” But don’t worry I’ve found an adorable and easy DIY way to store your left over candy!
Apothecary Style Candy Jar
- Glass candle holder from Goodwill
- Glass jar with glass lid
- Super glue
If you can not find a glass candle holder do not fear! You can spray paint it what ever color you’d like. But be sure to incorporate the color by spray painting the lid of the jar the same color! Also be sure to pick up a round wooden base from the crafts store.
1. Take the glass lid off the jar and turn the jar open side down
2. Apply super glue to the top of the candle holder. Adhere to bottom of the glass jar.
If you are working with a non glass base:
1. Spray paint the candle holder, the round wooden base and the jar top.
2. Super glue the bottom of the jar to the top of the base.
3. Super glue the candle holder to the bottom of the base.
Super cute and easy way to display your left over candy! Did I mention this is great for birthday parties or even at a wedding candy station?!
Hope you had a sweet Valentine’s Day,