Recently, a fellow Goodwill treasure hunter and craft creator extraordinaire shared with us on our Facebook page a super easy, super cute Beach Bag made from a shower curtain found at Goodwill. To check out this nifty bag and tutorial look here!
However, shower curtains aren’t always easy to find at Goodwill! But towels are! : )
Check out this oh-so-cute Martha Stewart Towel Beach Bag Tutorial, perfect for your 4th of July festivities!
*This is my take on it, as Martha’s requires more sewing, if interested in the original you can find it here!
Almost No-Sew Towel Beach Bag
What you need:
- Towel From Goodwill
- Waterproof fabric glue
- Preshrunk washable ribbon
- Needle and thread
- Cut out (2) 2 by 2 inch squares of velcro
- Sew a square of female velcro to the center of one end of the towel and sew a square of male velcro to the other center end of the towel
- Cut ribbon to the length of the towel, plus 4 inches
- Fabric glue the ribbon, leaving 2 inches hanging over each side of the towel, down the center of the towel. Be sure you are gluing the ribbon to the side where the velcro is NOT visible!
- Once dry, fold the towel (with ribbon on the inside) in half. Sew up sides of the bag
- Turn the bag right side out. Wrap the ribbon end around handle and stitch remainder of the ribbon to the inside of the towel, securing the handle. Repeat on other side.
Pack some sunscreen, sandwiches and sparklers for a great day at the beach or on the boat!
Happy soon to be Independence Day!