While I personally don’t go all out for St. Patty’s Day by dressing head to toe in green, eating corn beef (yuck), and setting countless leprechaun traps throughout the house…..I DO enjoy a little festiveness!
So, I found the perfect balance between festive and subtle in this adorable St. Patty’s Day home decor DIY by Miss Fancy Pants Designs, oh la la. Check it out!
St. Patty’s Day Recycled Baking Tray Wall Decor
What you need:
- Printed cardstock of your choice; think various shades of green and neutrals!
- Assorted ribbons, lace and buttons
- Hem trim
- Heart stamp cut out or hand cut
- Glue and/ stick glue
- Super glue
- Black thin point pen
- Decorative metal tray from Goodwill
- Pick out your “base” piece of cardstock. If you would like text on it, be sure to go ahead, create the text and print off prior to starting the project!
- Use the stick glue to glue the “base” paper to the inside of the metal tray
- Cut or punch out 6 hearts, two from each pattern/color.
- Decide where your clovers will go on your base paper. Glue down 3 of the hearts, 1 of each pattern, to the paper.
- Draw, in pencil, stems where you would like your clovers to grow.
- Fold the remaining three hearts in half. Glue along the folded line and adhere on top of the like heart that is glued to the paper. This creates a 3D effect
- Take your black pen and create faux stitching over the penciled stems, and through the clovers( Along the folded line)
- Use a ruler to create a faux stitching border about an inch from the edge of the entire paper.
- Take small buttons and glue to the center of each clover.
- Glue the hem trim along the edges of the paper along the metal tray
- Use additional lace/ ribbons to decorate your page
- Super glue two pieces of ribbon to the back of the tray, in order to tie and hang from the wall!
Voila, sweet and creative St. Patty’s Day Wall decor